|Sun City Tree Farm is seeking a container tree grower to manage and oversee 150 acres of trees. The tree grower is responsible for the day to day growing of trees and management of field production crews.|
- Monitoring and scheduling irrigation.
- Monitoring and controlling fertilizer applications.
- Monitoring and scouting crops for pest and disease.
- Troubleshooting pest and disease with proper spray program.
- Oversee all pruning and staking of trees.
- Involvement with our root manipulation process.
- Some (limited) propagation required.
- Production reports.
- Assist with inventory when needed.
- Assist production manager with shifting when needed.
|Educations & Experience:|
- Bachelors Degree in Horticulture or related field preferred.
- Associates Degree in Horticulture or related field preferred.
- Certified Horticultural Professional (FNGLA)
- 3-5 years growing container trees or plants required.
- Pesticide license preferred.
- Certified Arborist preferred.
- Knowledge of pest and diseases.
- Knowledge of chemicals spray programs.
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems.
- Knowledge of Florida Grades & Standards
- Supervisory and training.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Demonstrates initiative and self motivation.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Some Spanish a must.
- Computer skills Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage up to 20 employees.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Must be able to tolerate sun, heat and cold.
For inquires please call Vincent Tort 813-645-9527