Courses will be taught online from the University of Florida for those who would like to gain more knowledge of greenhouse topics. Increase your productivity, employee knowledge and skills with these 4-week certificates right from your own computer! All courses are in English and Spanish.
- Courses are designed for people already working in the horticulture industry.
- Lectures and assignments are in both English and Spanish, with support from bilingual instructors.
- Courses on specific dates, typically for four weeks. Click on titles of individual courses below to find out the next date each course will be offered.
- Classes are completely online, and include streaming videos, readings, and assignments. They are available any time of the day, and new modules are activated each week during the course.
- You will register each employee individually to track their progress. Each employee will need their own unique email address before you register them. You will also need their first and last name, and date of birth (for security purposes).
- Click on each course to find the registration link.
- Once you have registered you will be sent an online link to access the course with a desktop computer, tablet, or smart phone.
- Cost is $200 per employee for most courses.
- When you complete the requirements for each course you will be sent a personalized certificate.
- Courses do not count for credit towards a university degree.
|Greenhouse 101/Invernadero 101 *||05/30 - 06/24|
|Nutrient Management 1 (Intro) / Manejo de Nutrientes 1 (Introductorio)**||07/18 - 08/12|
|Nutrient Management 2 (Advanced) / Manejo de Nutrientes 2 (Avanzado)***||08/22 - 09/16|
|Disease Management / Manejo de Enfermedades**||09/26 - 10/21|
|Weed Management / Manejo de Malezas**||10/24 - 11/18|
• Introductory: Practical experience but without formal horticultural science education / Introductorio: experiencia práctica sin educación formal en ciencias hortícolas.
•• Intermediate: Some experience and training, entry university level / Intermedio: Algo de experiencia y entrenamiento, o nivel inicial universitario.
••• Advanced: Experienced, well-trained grower, upper university level / Avanzado: Productor con experiencia y bien entrenado, o nivel superior universitario.
Links to register:
Greenhouse 101 http:tinyurl.com/GH101Hills2016
Nutrient Management 1 (Intro) http://tinyurl.com/IntroNutMgtHills2016
Nutrient Management 2 (Adv.) http://tinyurl.com/AdvNutMgtHills2016
Disease Management http://tinyurl.com/DiseaseMgtHills2016
Weed Management http://tinyurl.com/WeedMgtHills2016
For more information: email email@example.com.