If you wanted to learn more about fertilizing your container plants more specifically or have employees (English and Spanish speaking) that could gain knowledge in this topic area we have an online class for you.
NUTRIENT MANAGEMENT FOR CONTAINER -GROWN CROPS: LEVEL 1
Aug 24 to Sep 18 2015
What is the course about and who is it aimed at?
• Learn from expert UF instructors (Drs. Paul Fisher & Rosanna Freyre):
» List the essential plant nutrients for plant growth
» Interpret a fertilizer label
» Understand fundamentals of managing pH and fertilizer level
» Perform substrate-pH and electrical conductivity (EC) tests
» Identify and prevent pH and EC-related problems
• This will allow you to:
» Solve most common nutrition problems
» Save costs in fertilizer and plant losses
» Reduce impact on the environment
• Designed for greenhouse employees in the U.S. and internationally with no formal horticulture training. A typical participant is a section grower with practical experience who is responsible for fertilizing ornamental crops in containers.
• Lectures & assignments in both English and Spanish.
How do I register and access the course?
• Each employee will be registered individually to track their progress.
• Online registration link: CLICK HERE
• Once you have registered you will be sent an online link. You will be able to access this with a desktop computer, tablet, or smart phone.
• Classes are completely online and include streaming videos, readings, and assignments. They will be available any time of the day and new modules are activated each of the 4 weeks of the course. It takes about 4 hours per week to complete lessons and activities.
• Chat online with your instructors during the course for help and interactive learning.
• Cost is $200 per employee.
Here is a link to register. https://reg.distance.ufl.edu/reg/Activity/Details/9A6E97C6B9644C128184F6C389D5FA8A