Here are some local opportunities with Speedling, Inc.
Grow horticultural-specialty crops, such as vegetables, ornamental plants, and energy crops, under environmentally controlled conditions and in outside growing areas, applying knowledge of plant culture, environmental control and labor management.
Summary of essential job functions--Responsible for day to day production of top quality plants within specifications that exceed customer expectations. This includes pesticide application and schedules, irrigation, lighting, fertilization, nutrition, monitoring and overall health of plants. Regulate environmental conditions to ensure optimum growth when crop is grown inside greenhouse. Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of top quality plants. Motivate, develop, and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for the job. Explain and demonstrate growing techniques and cultivation to coworkers and subordinates. Hire workers, assign duties, and monitor activities to assure adherence to established procedures. Explain and enforce safety regulations and policies. Ensure that accurate crop records are maintained for all crops and locations. Alert proper staff of any problems with nursery equipment.
Minimum requirements--BS in Horticulture and at least five years experience in horticultural production and current State pesticide license.
Primary responsibilities are the coordination and oversight of shipping / receiving process on all inbound and outbound shipments or transfers of live plant product, inventory, hard goods and transportation assets on Sun City farm. Management of on-site distribution of materials for internal customers from storage areas to production points. Other responsibilities include storing, monitoring and performing periodic physical inventory of all assets and materials on site as well as final quality control point on plant shipments. Weekly evaluation of overall farm orderliness, providing feedback to team leaders on deficiencies. Assist in Production Planning to help anticipate requirements prior to their need.
Summary of essential job functions--Coordinate with department managers to provide internal logistics support to Production, Logistics, Maintenance and Growing operations. Hands on oversight of shipping / receiving procedures including verification of Bill of Lading, supporting documents, shelf spacing, QC last point of contact, temperature monitoring, pre-cooling and ethylene block deployment. Tracking of ornamental carts through documentation of serialized asset locations and reconciliation of information to master spreadsheet for East Coast Division. Perform period end physical inventories on all items responsible for.
Minimum requirements--Prior experience managing teams. Must be fluent in English and Spanish. Microsoft Office / basic Math skills needed. Competent forklift / pallet jack operator. Attention to detail is a key quality.
Production Control Clerk
The successful Production Control Clerk will be responsible for coordinating and overseeing the daily cycle count process to ensure inventory accuracy within established standards; analyzing and reconciling all variances reported from the daily cycle count process and those reported from daily operations in a timely manner; performing “receiving related tasks”; inputting data into MAS500; identifying any process trends that negatively impact inventory accuracy and communicate accordingly so proper action can be taken; performing necessary inventory reconciliation and approved adjustments to ensure inventory accuracy within the system and responding to material transfers; that all activities are performed following written work instructions and ensuring all work is performed in accordance with safety policies and regulations to promote a safe working environment.
Summary of essential job functions
Production – Data management:
• Entering germ counts (Step 130) and all notes for SCN Vegetables
• Keying items to be put on hand (Step 200) for SCN Geraniums, and SCN Vegetables
• Create/Commit Pack List for SCN Vegetables, SCN & BLV Ornamentals and BSH Geraniums
• Print and Fill out Pull Sheets for SCN Vegetables
• Enter Greenhouse item comments for SCN Vegetables and Geraniums and Growers Walk notes
• Create and Commit Pack List for Geraniums Transfer from SCN to BSH. Collaborate with Inventory Control Team with any data enter process related with MAS500
• Enter Requisitions for PO request for SCN as needed
• Collect needed paperwork for PO and send to Purchasing
• Complete Dump Order for SCN in the system
• Train as backup for Seedroom Coordinator and Office Manager
• Act as a role model, working alongside co-workers, and demonstrate a positive work ethic
• Ensure work projects are completed satisfactorily & safe working conditions are maintained at all times
• Develop and maintain a strong sense of teamwork among the co-workers
• Work under the direct supervision of the Office Manager and Production Manager. Communicate progress and needs with co-workers
• Plan learning time/activities for anticipated down time. Be flexible and willing to change daily routine to adjust to learning opportunities when unanticipated delays
• Respond to the inquiries of drivers, vendors, workers, managers and other staff
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Must have experience in inventory control preferably within the Horticultural field
• Must have knowledge of SOP’s
• Must have excellent communication skills, strong documentation skills
• Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Inventory Control Software
• Clean criminal history and drug free
• Candidates must be in good physical condition and able to work outdoors for extended periods of time if needed
• Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards and set a positive example for co-workers
• Current first aid/CPR certification, or ability and willingness to obtain one
If you are interested about any of these jobs please contact Elsa Pena at Corporate Office, 4447 Old US Hwy 41, Ruskin, FL 33570, Tel. 813-645-3221 Let her know that you read it on this blog.