There are everyday actions people can take to stay healthy. They include:
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze preferable into your sleeve.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hands cleaners are also effective [supervise small children with sanitizer use].
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread that way.
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people with flu symptoms.
- Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people or touching contaminated objects.
- If you get sick, CDC recommends that you stay home from work or school and limit contact with others to keep from infecting them and spreading the illness.
- The U.S. State Department is urging Americans to avoid "non-essential" travel to Mexico.
I am posting two public service announcements from the Missouri University Extension. One is in English and one is in Spanish. Please take precautions for you, your employees, and your operation's health.
The CDC web site for swine flu is http://www.cdc.gov/swineflu//t_blank.